Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh My!

Well, I just gone done listening to the whole inauguration and I have to say the part that got me the most worked up was the benediction. What a mockery of prayer! Did anyone else on the planet get that feeling? Since when do you laugh, talk jive, and get digs in during a prayer? And that guy was a reverend! I wonder what the Lord was feeling. Don't get me wrong, he had some good thoughts in it but I was totally blown away at his ending "poetry". I hope the new president does well, I truly do. I just hope the Lord continues to bless America and keep it a choice nation. Time will tell and I will keep praying for that.

2 comments:

Tami and Jared said...

That was exactly what I said to Jared! I was disgusted that he could turn a prayer into such a irreverant thing, and more disgusted that people laughed. Sure makes me grateful for the knowledge we have though!

Emilee said...

The next 4 years could be interesting.