Monday, January 5, 2009

Dead Beat Blogger!

Well, I figured I better do more this month than just change my background! It has been a very busy November and December for the LuV PaCk so I will try to quickly update you before you get bored and stop reading! Bales of Hay finished up school ball the first part of December. We had Thanksgiving here with some of my family. Yes, the food was great, yes there was shopping but I did all mine online, in my pajamas, in peace and quiet! Deb, Lindsay, and Tami braved the crowds by 7:30 a.m. and I wished them all the best! I would definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it - very low stress! We missed Stella but she was in Missoula getting some of the Griz ready for their play-off game by feeding them a feast! As I am sure most of you know, the Griz made it to the finals and my sweet hubby gave me an early Christmas present of sending me to Chatty in Tennessee to watch the game. It was wonderful to see Paul and Stacy, Bobo, Maria, Ry Guy, and my cousin Greg and his wife from Florida! It was a whirlwind trip to say the least. I traveled with Lindsay and my mom and dad. The kids were jealous but I brought them back some souvenirs to pacify them. Just wish they had won. Oh well, we will be back next year with the whole family! Go Griz!
Once I got home, I realized that Christmas was that Thursday - YIKES! Where did December go? Cody's mom was going to come down but the weather was horrible so she stayed in Harlem with Clanny and Clinda! It was a great Christmas as we continue to make our own traditions. And the best part was it was WHITE!!! We had our usual soup on Christmas Eve and this year we did bread bowls - yum! Levi cracked us up opening presents - he just kept saying "Rip It!" The kids all got spoiled as well as Cody and I. We truly are blessed - I just hope the true meaning of Christmas is in their hearts. Bailey made us laugh when she put off opening her last present. She hugged it and said, "I don't want to open it because then the let down begins!" I agree!
Christmas morning proved that Santa is real - he left Spike the dinosaur for Levi and a Wii for the rest of us. The kids went sledding and skating that morning and then Jared and his family came over for Prime rib and shrimp. It was delicious. Bailey helped me make the pies and we did okay. We didn't do our baking until Christmas eve day but we had fun and laughed. I know I have left a ton out but you are probably asleep now so I will close and get some pictures loaded for you to enjoy! Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Gage said...

i thought you had forgotten that you had a blog. you forgot to mention that you got to see me in Tennessee...oh, wait you didn't! I love hearing about what's goin on.
krista